Assistant Venue Presentation Manager – Cheltenham
Assistant Venue Presentation Manager
Venue Presentation Manager
£25,000 – £27,000 per annum
CleanEvent Services Ltd are recruiting for an Assistant Venue Presentation Manager role. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established company and work out of our Cheltenham Racecourse venue, making it a great opportunity for a sports enthusiast who has a passion for the event industry.
CleanEvent Services Ltd is a company that provides cleaning and security services to sporting and leisure facilities. CleanEvent Services Ltd is fast becoming an industry leader in the facility services sector with multiple client locations across the United Kingdom.
Reporting to the Venue Presentation Manager (VPM) you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the Cleaning Services for Events at Cheltenham Racecourse, under the guidance of the VPM.
Please note: the role will include evening, bank holiday and overnight working.
- Direct, control, motivate and encourage all colleagues to complete their designated duties in an efficient and courteous manner to the expectation of our client and customers whilst maximizing profitability.
- Promote and maintain a positive company image.
- Complete Event Forecasts and Actuals and submit these costs to the relevant department.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and all company policies and procedures whilst actively promoting safety awareness.
- Ensure that all vehicles, machinery and equipment are consistently and fully accounted for at all times, and that they are maintained in a safe working condition.
- Review colleague numbers within the venue under control from time to time ensuring appropriate levels are engaged within event teams to avoid overspend.
- Review and respond to customer service problems and complaints ensuring the appropriate corrective action is undertaken and completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Ensure day to day (hands on) leadership of your team including checking that all work has been completed to the agreed standard.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the VPM, Regional Operations Manager(ROM) or any person within the senior management team.
- Ensure allocation of daily work schedules ensuring effective utilisation of colleague and equipment resources.
- Participate in operations meetings with the Venue Team.
- Complete pre event and post event check sheets and submit via approved format.
- Complete Toolbox talks and event briefings with all staff.
- Ensure that expenditure of labour is justified and controlled and that Human Force is utilised appropriately, clearly indicating the hours worked.
- Ensure that any proposed expenditure is tightly controlled with quotes obtained and authorised by the VPM and ROM.
- Liaise with the Venue Presentation Manager regarding the reporting of costs, venue budgets and other related matters.
- Ensure that all job cost sheets are accurately completed and submitted on time.
Key Skills required:
- Industry experience, knowledge & expertise in cleaning
- Excellent client and customer service skills
- Experience in cleaning management or management gained within the Event sector
- Proficient financial acumen to complete accurate forecasts and report on budgets
- An appreciation and compliance in HR, ER, OH&S and EEO issues
- Strong leadership skills
- Well-developed communication skills and a proactive nature
- Good IT skills
Working with CleanEvent Services Ltd, you can expect:
- Competitive salary, with potential to earn up to 8 weeks bonus each year
- 22 days annual holiday exclusive of bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Health, Optical and Dentist benefits
- Discounts at Gyms, Restaurants and shops
- Company Sick Pay