Area Support Manager
|Title:||Area Support Manager|
|Reports To:||Operations Director|
|Division:||CleanEvent Services Ltd|
|Location:||UK – North (Primary Liverpool/Manchester Area)|
This role will be overseeing 5 to 10 small contracts within the North West UK, Venues ranging in size from 2 staff to 15 staff. You will be responsible for the Operations at each venue and liaising with each venue team with regards to their stock requirements, rosters and KPI’s. You will also be the clients main point of contact for any questions or queries they may have.
Client / Relationship Management
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the market sector the organization and venue operates in.
- Establishing a responsive business relationship with customers through client interaction, regular meetings and reporting, escalation and problem solving, continuous service reviews and innovation.
- Conducting a monthly joint service review with the client at each venue / contract.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and dealing with any issues.
- Ensuring all employees are recruited in line with CleanEvent’s policies.
- Directing, training mentoring and motivating teams.
- Rostering and Time sheeting of employees within the allocated venues through the use of Human Force. Including ensure full coverage is achieved during period of sickness or leave.
- Ensuring that all Conduct & Capability issues are dealt with appropriately in the venues.
- Ensure that the performance, development and training needs of all employees are effectively managed and provided for.
- Accountable for the service delivery of each contract within the district by working closely with the site teams to ensure we meet the required cleaning standards and contractual obligations.
- Working with the recruitment and human resources team to ensure that appropriately trained, accredited and uniformed staffs are in place to meet planned service delivery goals and staffing requirements.
- Liaising with each site to ensure appropriate levels of stock are maintained, including ordering of replacement stock as needed through Clean Events Enterpryze system.
- Working with our suppliers to ensure that the required supplies and properly maintained equipment is available to meet planned service delivery goals.
- Providing hands on support to other Venues within the Region as required to support the Senior Venue Presentation Managers.
- Regular and scheduled weekly site visits to venues and events (visitation schedule document).
- To carry out at least 1 Quality Management Audit per month within each venue in the district.
- Leading the mobilisation of new contracts within your district through the transition, to the permanent contract mobilisation delivery point, engaging appropriate resources for the different phases and developing and mentoring the permanent on site team.
Financial / Commercial Delivery
- Working with the Operations Director to manage and monitor the district’s budget by tracking and approving expenditure, controlling costs, validating vendor expenses.
- Monthly review of financials with sites to report on Budget, forecast and actuals.
- Financial delivery in line with budgets for each venue. Provide reasons and action plans when venues fall below agreed budgets on Labour, Expenses and Margin.
- Providing a monthly report to Operations Director for the District as per template. Providing clear and accurate information on operational delivery, client relationship and financial performance.
- Regular communications with the Operations Director to ensure he/she remains fully informed of all significant operating issues.
- Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) – ensuring that the district meets all legislated OH&S requirements.
- Ensuring all venues are meeting Systems Compliance
- Ensuring all venues are meeting ATLAS and incident / hazard reporting requirements and that all incidents are signed off within the required timeframes.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Recognised industry qualification are desirable, for example, BIFM, RICS, BICs
- Industry experience – extensive knowledge & expertise in cleaning.
- Experience of building client relationships.
- Proven experience supervising teams of people in multiple locations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong people management and motivational skills.
- A thorough understanding of HR, ER and OH&S.
- Intermediate computer and IT skills.
- Current full UK Driving License with own car (Car Allowance is part of package)
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.