Assistant Service Manager Eastgate
Company: Cleanevent Services Ltd
Location: Eastgate Shopping Centre Inverness
Job Type: Full Time
Role: Assistant Service Manager
Salary Grade: £26K to £28K dependant on experience(applicants will normally enter salary grades at the lower end of scale depending on experience)
Holiday entitlement: 28 days, including Bank Holidays
Pension: Contributory NEST pension
Working days: 5 from 7, including weekends as required.
We are recruiting a assistant service manager to join our team at Eastgate Shopping Centre in Inverness. Cleanevent Services provide total facilities management of both hard and soft services at the venue.
Reporting to the Services Manager this role is responsible for assisting in managing daily operations, planned and reactive maintenance within all disciplines at the venue including M&E, security, cleaning and waste management, motivating and managing teams of staff in a retail environment. You will assist in ensuring profitable management of the contract, establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with both internal and external clients. The role will involve weekend and evening work where required by the business and will lead to duty management responsibility within the building.
- People Management – effectively managing teams ensuring that the performance, training and development needs of all employees are effectively managed
- Security –maintaining and exceeding SIA & building security standards, adapting protocols to changing threats, maintaining and reviewing site assignment instructions and site reference manuals. Developing rosters to meet operational needs and requirements of the business. Responding to subject access requests ensuring all CCTV requests are handled within corporate GDPR requirements.
- M&E – ensuring delivery of planned maintenance, scheduling and conducting contractor Managing and dealing with daily operational issues, problem solving reactive issues where required. Estimating and arranging required project works.
- Cleaning – ensuring the venue is cleaned in accordance with quality standards, maintaining and developing rosters to meet the operational needs of the business.
- Duty Management – reacting to operational issues and building systems, problem solving where required ensuring the continued, safe operation of the building for its tenants at all times. Management of emergency evacuations when and where required.
- Ensuring completion of administrative site and company documentation as an when required, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and company accreditations
- Assisting as required with other sites within the Cleanevent Services portfolio
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the market sector the organisation operates in
- Establishing a business relationship with customers through client interaction, regular meetings, reporting escalation and problem solving
- Establishing and maintaining an excellent working relationship with the management team.
- Establishing and maintaining an excellent working relationship with CleanEvent’s other venue’s and Head Office staff
- Providing direction and managing all activities undertaken in the venue in line with CleanEvent’s mission and values,
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the venue’s cleaning, security and engineering scope, exceeding the client’s needs and expectations.
- Complete, review & maintain all staff risk assessments and safe work method statements
- Complete, review & maintain all COSHH assessments onsite
- Review/approve contractor & tenant contractor risk assessments, method statements and insurances for works to be undertaken onsite in both landlord and tenant areas
- Undertake contractor management assessments during works ensuring H&S compliance, safe work methods being undertaken as agreed, prohibiting works when required.
- Conduct investigations of all accidents onsite, establish & identify root causes, complete all site accident documentation, logging and storing.
- Issue permits, permissions documentation to client and tenant contractors as required.
- Manage onsite team of engineers ensuring all PPM tasks are completed within scheduled requirements
- Manage onsite team of engineers ensuring all reactive works are completed
- Review/approve all centre contractor risk assessments, method statements and insurances for works to be undertaken onsite
- Manage all engineering contractors ensuring PPM contracted works are completed as scheduled
- Obtain quotations/estimates from contractors for works identified during maintenance PPMs
- Ensure the building is cleaned in accordance with quality standards meeting contract requirements.
- Manage onsite staff to ensure all contract and additional client works are completed.
- Identify and survey high level areas and schedule required cleaning works.
- Review/approve all subcontractor RA/method statements and insurances for works onsite
- Establish, implement and monitor safe working practices by employees.
- Maintain and exceed SIA & building security standards
- Ensure security is adapted to changing threats, adapting protocols in line with emergency planning tiered requirements
- Liaise with Police Scotland Counter Terrorism advisors
- Maintain and review site assignment instruction and site reference manual
- Respond to all subject access requests received
- Conduct CCTV investigations as required by Police Scotland
- Download & issue CCTV as required by subject access requester, ensuring GDPR compliance and completing corporate compliance documentation submitting to Savills GDPR.
- Ensure all staff remain SIA licenced and renewals are completed prior to licence expiration. Assist staff with online applications where required and assist with Disclosure Scotland applications.
- Manage lost property onsite – transferring unclaimed items to Police Scotland where required
- Manage CCTV system issues and rectify locally, escalating when required.
- Manage all teams effectively ensuring performance; training and development needs of employees are competed.
- Develop and maintain rosters to meet the operational needs of the site, rostering all engineering, cleaning and security teams.
- Manage all staff holiday and accruals ensuring correct staffing levels maintained onsite
- Maintain emergency call out roster
- Manage all staff absence
- Manage and conduct investigation, disciplinary and grievance meetings
- Manage staff mental wellbeing
- Complete payroll for all staff
- Complete development reviews with all staff
Experience, skills and requirements:
- Industry experience in Facilities, Security or Cleaning Management
- Experience in building client relationships
- Experience in people management
- Experience of HR, ER & Occupational Health & Safety
- Experience of financial management
- Experience of motivating and managing teams
- Organisational & resource management skills
- Logical, thorough, hands on problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft application skills & general IT skills
- A valid non-front line or front line SIA licence
- An outgoing, self motivated and adaptable personality, able to self-motivate and manage others in a consistent and professional manner.
This is a management position which includes a balance of management and customer relations in accordance with both the company and client’s management philosophies and operational requirements of the business.