District and Major Events Manager
District and Major Events Manager
CleanEvent Services Ltd
A key role working as part of the senior management team reporting into the Operations Director of CleanEvent Services. This role involves management of the Districts’ venue management team, employees and overseeing the successful operations of the Major Events within the district. Implementing organisational strategy, managing the quality service delivery of contracted cleaning services to our clients, developing and maintaining excellent relationships with these clients whilst optimising the profitability of the district. Significant travel within the district and weekend work in line with our focus on the sports, leisure, entertainment and the retail sector is required.
- Accountable for the service delivery of each contract within the district by working closely with the VPM to ensure we meet the required cleaning standards and contractual obligations.
- Management and profitability of the following, but not limited major events,
- All race meetings at Cheltenham Racecourse, including the November Open and March Festival
- Royal Ascot – June
- Silverstone F1 – July
- Silverstone Moto GP – August
- Working with the recruitment and human resources team to ensure that appropriately trained, accredited and uniformed staff are in place to meet planned service delivery goals and staffing requirements.
- Working with our suppliers to ensure that the required supplies and properly maintained equipment is available to meet planned service delivery goals.
- Working with Head Office to review performance of VPMs and addressing any lack of compliance at venue level.
- Working with the Venue Managers and Event Managers (where applicable) to plan and coordinate staff and equipment in delivering major event cleaning and waste management services.
- Working with agencies (labour supply) to ensure optimum services are provided within budget. Regular meetings and SLA reviews.
- Quality Assurance – ensuring compliance with the organisation’s systems, policies and procedures.
- Undertaking regular operational reviews to ensure that all business systems, processes, guidelines and procedures are being followed and implementing continuous improvement strategies as appropriate.
- Regular and scheduled site visits to venues and events
- To carry out at least 2 Quality Audits per month within the district.
- Leading the mobilisation of new contracts within your district through the transition, to the permanent contract mobilisation delivery point, engaging appropriate resources for the different phases and developing and mentoring the permanent on site team.
- Managing contracts through the retention period, to ensure contracts are re-signed/ renewed on completion of the current contract.
Client / Relationship Management
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the market sector the organization and venue operates in.
- Establishing a responsive business relationship with customers through client interaction, regular meetings and reporting, escalation and problem solving, continuous service reviews and innovation.
- Conducting and a monthly joint service review with the client at each venue / contract.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and dealing with any issues.
- Ensuring all employees are recruited in line with CleanEvents policies and oversee Talent Management in the District ensuring good Succession planning
- Directing, training mentoring and motivating management teams in providing contracted cleaning and waste management services to their clients in line with our business objective, our mission and our values.
- Ensuring that all Conduct & Capability issues are dealt with appropriately in the venues and all the VPM’s have appropriate HR training
- Ensure that the performance, development and training needs of all employees are effectively managed and provided for.
- Ensuring all staff appraisals are completed within the expected time period and recorded
- Working with the Business development team to generate business opportunities and developing relationships within the sector.
- Working with the Business development team to scope, schedule and cost services for the purpose of obtaining new business.
Financial / Commercial Delivery
- Working with the Finance team to manage and monitor the district’s budget by tracking and approving expenditure, controlling costs, validating vendor expenses.
- Monthly review of financials with VPMs to report on Budget, forecast and actuals.
- Monthly report to Operations Director of each venues financial performance.
- Financial delivery in line with budgets for each venue. Provide reasons and action plans when venues fall below budgeted profits.
- Providing a monthly report to Operations Director for the district as per template. Providing clear and accurate information on operational delivery, client relationship and financial performance.
- Regular communications with the Operations Director to ensure he/she remains fully informed of all significant operating issues.
- Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) – ensuring that the district meets all legislated OH&S requirements.
- Ensuring all venues are meeting SAP & Human Force compliance requirements.
- Ensuring all venues is meeting ATLAS and incident / hazard reporting requirements and that all incidents are signed off within the required timeframes.
- Ensuring that the district complies with Equal Employment Opportunity legislation and that employees work within the company’s policies & procedures
- Ensuring that the district meets all other statutory and legislative requirements and operates in line with the organisation’s standard work procedures.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Recognised industry qualification, for example, BIFM, RICS, BICs
- Industry experience – extensive knowledge & expertise in cleaning.
- Extensive Stadia/Event experience is essential; ideally within venues/events of 30,000 + capacity.
- Experience in managing large scale major events with global audiences
- Experience of building senior level client relationships within the stadia/event industry.
- Qualifications – HND or Degree in a technical or business management subject would be an advantage.
- Experience of running logistics operations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong people management and motivational skills.
- A thorough understanding of HR, ER and OH&S.
- Intermediate computer and IT skills.