HR Advisor – Head Office, High Wycombe
Head Office, High Wycombe,
We are recruiting a Human Resources Advisor. This is an opportunity to join an established company working within the facility services sector. The role is based in head office in High Wycombe.
CleanEvent is a company that provides cleaning and security services to sporting, leisure and the health care industry. CleanEvent is fast becoming a leader in this industry sector with multiple locations across the United Kingdom.
The role is part of the Human Resources Team and provides support to the CEO and senior management. Responsible for providing pro-active comprehensive HR service to managers and all employees within the Company. This includes: recruitment and selection; employee relations; learning & development; policy and procedures; reward; recognition and engagement. Will also be involved in ad hoc project work
- Full support, advice and guidance on all employee relations matters including general enquiries; law; procedures; disciplinary & grievances or absence issues.
- Build effective working relationships with staff at all levels, providing advice and guidance on a range of HR policies and HR related issues to support understanding and ensure effective communication of good HR practice
- Recruitment of the right person for a role utilising the best selection method in a timely manner.
- Interviewing prospective candidates and providing feedback as part of the decision making process.
- Coaching managers to help develop their people management skills as required.
- Support individuals with their personal development.
- Ensure effective monitoring of sickness trends and remedial action in accordance with the Company’s policy and to facilitate a proactive approach to absence management.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of all HR policy, ensuring that all HR issues are dealt with within the timescales set out in the procedures
- Support the development of strong communication and feedback channels with all staff and through a variety of mechanisms to support employee engagement.
- Ensure all data on manual and computerised records is accurate and up to date and provide accurate and timely reports as and when required
- Undertake projects which will support the Company
- Reviewing and updating job descriptions
- Monitoring key recruitment metrics, such as turnover and retention rates
- Providing advice and playing a major role in work reviews and change processes
- Using HR information systems to access, input and compile data
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
- Researching and recommending performance evaluation methods (e.g. employee appraisal systems)
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with current legislation
- Supporting the HR manager with various capability investigations, including grievance and disciplinary
- Driving the business performance in relation to the organisation’s objectives
- Assisting in organising employer branding initiatives
- Acting as the point of contact for hiring managers, employees and other HR team members
- Tracking of Absence/SSP and ER issues
- Supporting payroll queries
Key Skills required:
Experience of auto enrolment/SAGE
Preferably experience of CRB/DBS/SIA license checking
Word, excel, problem-solving and analytical skills essential
Direct: HR Manager
Indirect: Regional Managers, Venue Presentation Managers