Vacancy: Assistant Venue Cleaning Manager, ACC Liverpool
The main responsibility of the Assistant Venue Cleaning Manager is to ensure that all activities are carried out as directed by the Venue Cleaning Manager. This role is temporary for 6 months ( January 2019 – June 2019), with the possibility for extension. The hours are 40 per week, which will include weekend, evening, bank holiday and overnight work.
• Direct, control, motivate and encourage all colleagues to complete their designated duties in an efficient and courteous manner, to the expectation of our client and customers and maximising profitability.
• Conduct regular briefings to ensure compliance with all Health & Safety and company policies and procedures and actively promote safety awareness.
• Ensure that all vehicles, machinery and equipment are consistently and fully accounted for at all times and that they are maintained in a safe working condition.
• Review colleague numbers within the venue from time to time, ensuring appropriate levels are engaged within core and event teams, to avoid overspend and keeping in mind annual leave and sickness absence.
• Review the quality and response to customer service problems and complaints and that ensure that the appropriate corrective action is undertaken.
• Provide day to day (hands on) leadership.
• Ensure allocation of daily work schedules to provide effective utilisation of colleague and equipment resources.
• Attain a good working knowledge of the company’s management system (CMS).
• Assist the Venue Cleaning Manager in creating event forecasts and schedule staff.
• Attend client meetings as required and engage in constructive conversations.
• Ensure that expenditure of labour is justified and controlled and that time sheets are completed as appropriate, clearly indicating hours worked and duties.
• Liaise with the Venue Cleaning Manager regarding the reporting of costing and venue budgets.
• Ensure that all reporting is completed on time.
• Ensure that all colleagues are fully trained and proficient in the operation of equipment and methods of work applicable to the venue.
• Observe confidentiality in all matters that involve company or our clients business.
• Maintain a thorough, professional and courteous manner in the course of your duties.
• Ensure that you are fully conversant with the company policy manual and that all staff under your control from time to time are made aware of the contents.
• Liaise and seek guidance from Human Resources in relation to any employee relations issues, ie disciplinary, grievance and welfare.
• Profitable operation of the venue in line with established budget.
• Compliance with all legislative requirements at all times.
• Customer satisfaction and relationship with customer decision makers.
• Instigating operational improvements.
• Excellent client and customer service skills.
• Must have cleaning management experience gained within the hospitality sector.
• Strong people management skills; running teams of 20 up to 100 plus on event days.
• An appreciation and compliance in HR, ER, OH&S and EEO issues
• Well developed communication skills and a proactive nature
• Good IT skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
This job description is a guide and may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances.
To apply for the role, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com