Vacancy: Regional Operations Manager, UK South
This is a key role, working as part of the CleanEvent Services senior management team and responsible for the regional management of cleaning operations. This involves management of the regions’ venue managers and employees, implementing organisational strategy, managing the quality of cleaning service delivery, developing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients and optimising the profitability of the region. Significant travel within the region and weekend work is required, in line with our focus on the sports, leisure, entertainment and retail sectors.
Client / Relationship Management
• Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the market sectors the organisation operates in.
• Establishing a responsive business relationship with customers through client interaction, regular meetings and reporting, escalation and problem solving, continuous service reviews and innovation.
• Conducting a monthly joint service review with the client at each venue/ contract.
• Directing, mentoring and motivating managers in providing contracted cleaning and waste management services to their clients in line with our business objectives, our mission and our values.
• Ensuring that the performance, development and training needs of all employees are effectively managed and provided for, including completion of appraisals.
• Working with the Business development team to generate business opportunities and building relationships within the sector.
• Help to scope, schedule and cost services for the purpose of obtaining new business.
• Accountable for the service delivery for each contract within the region, ensuring the required cleaning standards and contractual obligations are met.
• Working with the HR team and Venue Managers to ensure that appropriately trained, accredited staff are in place to meet planned service delivery goals and staffing requirements.
• Working with our suppliers to ensure that the required supplies and properly maintained equipment is available to meet planned service delivery goals.
• Quality Assurance – ensuring compliance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
• Regular and scheduled weekly site visits to venues and events, with at least 2 quality management assessments carried out per month.
• Work as part of any mobilisation team in the region.
• Managing contracts through the retention period, to ensure contracts are re-signed/ renewed.
Financial/ Commercial Delivery
• Working with the Finance team to manage and monitor the region’s budget by tracking and approving expenditure, controlling costs, validating vendor expenses.
• Monthly review of financials with Venue Cleaning Managers to report on budget, forecast and actuals. Provide monthly report to Director of Client Services for the region with each venue’s financial performance.
• Financial delivery in line with budgets for each venue. Provide reasons and action plans when venues fall below budgeted profits.
• Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) – ensuring that the region meets all legislated requirements.
• Ensuring that the venue and the region meets all other statutory and legislative requirements and operates in line with the organisation’s standard work procedures.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Stadia/event experience is essential; ideally within venues/events of 30,000+ capacity.
• HND or Degree in a technical or business management.
• Logistics operational experience.
• People management experience
• Organizational and communication skills.
• Intermediate IT skills.
To apply for the role, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org