Venue Presentation Manager – BCFC
|Title:||Venue Presentation Manager|
|Reports To:||District Operations Manager|
|Division:||CleanEvent UK Limited|
|Location:||Birmingham City Football Club|
Reporting to a District Operations Manager this role is responsible for planning, scheduling, and managing all aspects of all of Birmingham City FC. It involves the profitable management of CleanEvent’s Cleaning and Venue Services contract for the venue, establishing and maintaining an excellent relationship with internal/external stakeholders, managing and motivating the staff and labour force. This role oversees the management of the contract. It will have a heavy focus on the administration of the contract whilst overseeing the operational aspects. It will also involve substantial weekend and evening work as and when required by the business.
- Accountability for the overall profitability of the operational activities of the venue, Undertake regular operational reviews and continuously improve the operation of the venue.
- Develop an excellent working relationship with the relevant venue representatives with regular meeting dates agreed and met.
- Develop and create detailed operational forecasts and plans that will provide the most cost effect and efficient cleaning solution for the venue.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork and reporting is completed. This includes Human Force compliance, submitting actual costs to the venue after each event, incident reports, progress reports, management reporting and quality system compliance.
- Assist, as required, at other venue and/or events within the company’s portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the market sector the organisation operates in
- Establishing a business relationship with customers through client interaction, regular meetings and reporting escalation and problem solving
- Establishing and maintaining an excellent working relationship with each venue’s management team.
- Establishing and maintaining an excellent working relationship with CleanEvent’s other venue’s and Head Office staff
- Providing direction and managing all activities undertaken in the venue in line with CleanEvent’s mission and values,
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the venue’s cleaning scope, along with the additional Venue Service support provided, the client’s needs and expectations.
Venue Presentation Management
- Ensuring that there is an up to date Venue Management Plan in place and that the venue is managed accordingly with all the required QA documentation and reporting being adhered to
- Utilising the CleanEvents systems for the management of the venue, this includes planning, recording actuals and analysing performance.
- Overseeing the operations of all events held at the venue.
- Ensuring the adequate provision of the required venue cleaning supplies and consumables and ensuring that these supplies and consumables are properly and safely organised, stored and requisitioned.
- Ensuring that all the venue cleaning equipment and vehicles are properly maintained and kept in good working order.
- Ensuring that a register for all cleaning chemicals, equipment, vehicles and other assets is maintained.
Risk Management & Compliance
- Undertaking risk and safety audits and ensuring that CleanEvent’s safety and accident reporting requirements are adhered to.
- Establishing and implementing safe work practices that minimise accidents in the workplace by ensuring SWMS are updated and filed onsite.
- Ensuring that the venue cleaning operations meet safety and all other statutory requirements.
- Timely input and completion of all incidents and incident investigations into Atlas and include hazard reporting.
- Ensure all COSHH sheets are updated fore chemical’s onsite
- Regular Stocktakes of all equipment ,consumables and uniform
- Ensuring all venue staff are recruited in line with CleanEvent’s policies and procedures. Succession planning within the team to ensure internal promotion for employees where applicable
- Ensuring all new employees undertake CleanEvent’s standard induction training program.
- Ensure all conduct & capability issues are dealt with promptly
- Directing, motivating and managing all staff in line with CleanEvent’s Code of Conduct.
- Ensuring the ongoing performance, development and training needs of all staff are effectively managed and provided for ensuring that annual performance reviews are conducted.
- Ensuring all staff are suitably attired at all times whilst working at the Venues, in line with the CleanEvent’s uniform guidelines (or as agreed with Clients).
- Managing the overall activities for the venue within the contracted hours and expense budgets
- Responsibility for the overall profitability of the cleaning activities for the venue. This includes the preparation of annual operational and capital budgets, reporting actual performance to budget and undertaking variance analysis and taking remedial action where necessary
- Undertaking regular operational reviews and continuously improving the presentation of the Venues through improving processes and systems, the use of supplies and equipment and the productivity of staff.
- Communicating with the District Operations Manager on a regular basis to ensure they remain fully informed of all significant operating issues.
- Communicating regularly with the venue management staff to ensure that they remain fully informed of all significant operating issues and that the activities between CleanEvent and all other groups at the Venues are well coordinated
- Preparing and submitting monthly venue management reports both internally and for the client.
- Ensuring staff are compliant in using Human Force to ensure they are paid correctly and on-time.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in cleaning management, a trade or facilities management role
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent organisational and resource management skills
- Strong leadership and motivational ability
- Well developed communication skills
- Good Microsoft applications skills
- Financial management/reporting and analysis skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Valid and Full UK Drivers Licence
- Profitable operation of the venue in line with established budget
- Clear, concise and accurate communications with the Customer
- Compliance with all legislative requirements at all times
- Development of new business for the venues – secondary sales
- Customer satisfaction and productive relationships with customer decision makers – quarterly scorecard performance audits
- Instigating operational improvements
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.