Cleaning Supervisor – Liverpool Philharmonic
Northern Support Manager
We are looking for a Cleaning Supervisor at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool’s most prestigious concert hall and home of the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. The role will include evening, bank holiday and overnight working.
- Direct, control, motivate and encourage all colleagues to complete their designated duties in an efficient and courteous manner to the expectation of our client and customers and maximising profitability.
- Promote and maintain a positive company mage and maximise profitability.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety and company policies and procedures and actively promote Safety awareness.
- Ensure that all vehicles, machinery and equipment are consistently and fully accounted for at all times and that they are maintained in a safe working condition.
- Review colleague numbers within the venue under control from time to time ensuring appropriate levels are engaged within core and event teams to avoid overspend and keeping in mind annual leave and sickness absence.
- Review the quality and response to customer service problems and complaints and that the appropriate corrective action is undertaken and completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Ensure day to day (hands on) leadership of your team.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Venue Presentation Contracts Manager, Regional Operations Manager or any person within the senior management team, deemed reasonable to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure allocation of daily work schedules ensuring effective utilisation of colleague and equipment resources.
- Participating in weekly operations meetings with the Venue Team.
- Complete weekly Venue Checks in line with client requests and submit via approved format.
- Travel to various Venues and Events as required to assist where available and necessary.
- Liaise with the Venue Presentation Manager regarding the reporting of costing and venue budgets and related matters.
- Ensure that all reports including weekly Flash Reports and Monthly Venue Reports are accurately completed and submitted on time.
- Ensure that all job cost sheets and monthly budget sheets are accurately completed and submitted on time.
- Attain a good working knowledge of the company’s management system.
- Assist the Venue Cleaning Manager in creating event forecasts.
- Scheduling of staff as per event forecasts.
- Attend client meetings as required and engage in constructive conversations.
- Ensure that expenditure of labour is justified and controlled and that time sheets are completed as appropriate clearly indicating hours worked and duties.
- Ensure that all reports including delapse forms and weekly audits are completed and handed in on time.
- Ensuring all venue staff are recruited in line with CleanEvent’s policies and procedures. Succession planning within the team to ensure internal promotion for employees where applicable
- Ensuring all new employees undertake CleanEvent’s standard induction training program.
- Ensure all conduct & capability issues are dealt with promptly.
- Directing, motivating and managing all staff in line with CleanEvent’s Code of Conduct.
- Ensuring the ongoing performance, development and training needs of all staff are effectively managed and provided for ensuring that annual performance reviews are conducted.
- Ensuring all staff are suitably attired at all times whilst working at the Venues, in line with the CleanEvent’s uniform guidelines (or as agreed with Clients).
- Profitable operation of the venue in line with established budget.
- Compliance with all legislative requirements at all times.
- Knowledge of all other venues operations.
- Customer satisfaction and relationship with customer decision makers.
- Instigating operational improvements.
- Excellent client and customer service skills.
- Experience in cleaning management or management gained within the hospitality sector.
- An appreciation and compliance in HR, ER, OH&S and EEO issues
- Strong leadership skills
- Well developed communication skills and a proactive nature
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.