Finance Assistant – Accounts Payable
|Title:||Finance Assistant – Accounts Payable|
|Reports To:||Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£26,000 – £30,000|
CleanEvent services Ltd are looking for an experienced and dynamic Finance Assistant – Accounts Payable. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established company and will be based at our Head Office in High Wycombe.
CleanEvent Services Ltd is a company that provides cleaning and security services to sporting and leisure facilities. CleanEvent Services Ltd is fast becoming an industry leader in the facility services sector with multiple client locations across the United Kingdom.
You will currently be in a Finance Assistant role (Accounts Payable) or work within the finance sector and be commercially driven. You will be a collaborative individual with the ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Process invoices received and apply them to the relevant project, department and people.
- Receive bills, acknowledge the terms of the invoices and relay information to the Financial Controller.
- Complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports and record entries.
- Pay vendors after scheduling and prepare checks. Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation. Prepare monthly payment run for review and authorisation.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding purchase returns.
- Issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Protect the organisation’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Review and process company credit card expenditure and employee expense claims.
- Liaise with various stakeholders including senior management.
- Assist operational areas of the business when necessary.
- Provide cover for other members of the finance team when they are on leave.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required by the business.
What we need from you:
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of two years purchase ledger experience, within a Finance function; preferably experienced in using the accounting systems Sage 50 and/or SAP Business One
- Good accounting knowledge
- Analytical ability
- Proactive approach
- Ability to develop relationships with Finance/Operations teams
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Efficient time management and prioritisation skills to ensure deadlines are met with a very high degree of accuracy