Regional Operations Manager – Southern
Regional Operations Manager – Southern
£58,000 per annum
CleanEvent Services Ltd are recruiting for a Regional Operations Manager – Southern area role. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established company and work out of our Cheltenham Racecourse venue, making it a great opportunity for a sports enthusiast who has a passion for the event industry.
CleanEvent Services Ltd is a company that provides cleaning and security services to sporting and leisure facilities. The company is fast becoming an industry leader in the facility services sector with multiple client locations across the United Kingdom.
A key role working as part of the senior management team reporting into the Operations Director of CleanEvent Services Ltd. This role involves taking responsibility of the region’s venue management team and employees. Implementing organisational strategy, managing the quality service delivery of contracted cleaning services to our clients, developing and maintaining excellent relationships with these clients whilst optimising the profitability of the region. Significant travel within the region in line with our focus on the sports, leisure, entertainment and the retail sector is required.
Please note: the role will include weekend and bank holiday working.
Client / Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the market sector the organisation and venue operates in.
- Establish a responsive business relationship with customers through client interaction, regular meetings and reporting, escalation and problem solving, continuous service reviews and innovation.
- Conduct monthly joint service reviews with the client at each venue / contract.
- Ensure Monthly, Bi-Monthly and Annual reports are completed on time and with credible content.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and dealing with any issues.
- Ensure all employees are recruited in line with CleanEvent Services Ltd policies and oversee Talent Management in the Region ensuring good succession planning.
- Direct, train, mentor and motivate management teams in providing contracted cleaning and waste management services to their clients in line with our business objective, our mission and our values.
- Ensure that all Conduct & Capability issues are dealt with appropriately in the venues and all VPM’s have appropriate HR training.
- Ensure that the performance, development and training needs of all employees are effectively managed and provided for.
- Ensure all staff appraisals are completed within the expected time period and recorded.
- Develop succession plans within the region across the Venue and Operational teams.
- Work with the Business Development team to generate business opportunities and develop relationships within the sector.
- Work with the Business Development team to scope, schedule and cost services for the purpose of obtaining new business.
- Review of all new bids to ensure operational viability.
- Accountable for the service delivery of each contract within the region by working closely with the VPM to ensure we meet the required cleaning standards and contractual obligations.
- Work with the Recruitment and Human Resources team to ensure that appropriately trained, accredited and uniformed staff are in place to meet planned service delivery goals and staffing requirements.
- Work with our suppliers to ensure that the required supplies and properly maintained equipment are available to meet planned service delivery goals.
- Work with the Compliance Manager to review performance of VPMs and address any lack of compliance at venue level.
- Work with the Venue Presentation Managers and Event Managers (where applicable) to plan and coordinate staff and equipment in delivering major event cleaning and waste management services.
- Work with agencies (labour supply) to ensure optimum services are provided within budget and hold regular meetings and SLA reviews.
- Quality Assurance – ensure compliance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake regular operational reviews to ensure that all business systems, processes, guidelines and procedures are being followed and implement continuous improvement strategies as appropriate.
- Carry out regular and scheduled weekly site visits to venues and events as per the visitation schedule document.
- Carry out at least 2 quality assurance assessments per month within the region.
- Lead the mobilisation of new contracts within your region through the transition, to the permanent contract mobilisation delivery point, engaging appropriate resources for the different phases and develop and mentor the permanent on site team.
- Manage contracts through the retention period, to ensure contracts are re-signed/renewed on completion of the current contract.
Financial / Commercial Delivery
- Work with the Finance team to manage and monitor the region’s budget by tracking and approving expenditure, controlling costs and validating vendor expenses.
- Hold monthly review of financials with VPMs to report on budget, forecast and actuals.
- Provide a monthly report to both the Operations Director and the Financial Director of each venues financial performance.
- Financial delivery in line with budgets for each venue. Provide reasons and action plans when venues fall below budgeted profits.
- Provide a monthly report to the Operations Director for the region as per template.
- Provide clear and accurate information on operational delivery, client relationship and financial performance.
- Maintain regular communication with the Operations Director to ensure he/she remains fully informed of all significant operating issues.
- Work with the Health and Safety manager on Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) – ensuring that the region meets all legislated OH&S requirements.
- Ensure all venues are meeting Enterpryze & Human Force compliance requirements.
- Ensure all venues are meeting ATLAS and incident/hazard reporting requirements ensuring that all incidents are signed off within the required timeframes.
- Ensure that the region complies with Equal Employment Opportunity legislation and that employees work within the company’s policies & procedures.
- Ensure that the region meets all other statutory and legislative requirements and operates in line with the organisation’s standard work procedures.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Recognised industry qualification, for example, BIFM, RICS, BICs.
- Industry experience – extensive knowledge & expertise in cleaning.
- Extensive Stadia/Event experience is essential; ideally within venues/events of 30,000 + capacity.
- Experience of building senior level client relationships within the stadia/event industry.
- Qualifications – HND or Degree in a technical or business management subject would be an advantage.
- Experience of running logistics operations.
- Supervising teams of people.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Strong people management and motivational skills.
- A thorough understanding of Human Resources, Employee Relations and Occupational Health & Safety.
Working with CleanEvent Services Ltd, you can expect:
- Competitive salary, with potential to earn up to 8 weeks bonus each year.
- 22 days annual holiday exclusive of bank holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Private Health, Optical and Dentist benefits.
- Discounts at Gyms, Restaurants and shops.
- Company Sick Pay.